WIP of the Week: 8/6-8/12

August 06, 2010

Camisado by Sophz456
 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5817208/1/Camisado
Review by Sscana
  
Rating: M 
Genre:  Drama/Romance
Characters: Edward/Bella
  
Summary: Special agent Isabella Swan has been sent undercover to extract agent Edward Masen form the world’s deadliest compound. Agent Masen has been deep undercover for the past four years and had lost all hope of getting out alive, well, until Isabella shows up one evening when he’s least expecting her. Will they be able to fool the world’s best criminals into thinking she’s his girlfriend who’s finally decided to join him?

This story hits the readers with a high velocity from the very get-go and is pumped full of clues and hints that promise to keep readers on the edge of their seats from the very moment they start reading.

When the story starts, Bella is doing what she hopes is the best thing possible to get brought in by the Volturi, and that’s hiking on their so called property. She needs them to pick her up and take her back to their compound. This is where the story starts moving and never slows down.

From the moment Bella’s blind fold is removed; she realizes that every eye in the place is on her along with some pretty heavy ammunition. She starts to think this might not have been her best idea. Aro makes it very clear that he does not tolerate trespassers on or near the compound and she will be punished severely. Seconds before she is to meet her untimely death we hear…

“She’s with me”

Let the *swooning* begin.

Yes, that’s right, the swooning starts at chapter one and hasn’t slowed down one bit.

Agent Masen, or who I call Undercoverward, immediately comes to her rescue and acts like the adoring, worried boyfriend every women dreams of.

Bella and Edward are literally thrown into a situation where they have to act and put on this rock hard façade of being a madly-in-love couple as soon as their eyes lock, even though it’s for the very first time. Both of them are fully aware that one little miscommunication from the other party will end both their lives.

Aro, the leader of The Volturi, has gotten away with murder and corruption for decades. They have corrupted every part of the legal system for years- they do not answer to the law, the law answers to them. The Volturi are unstoppable. So they think!

The true question is… How long will Edward and Bella be able to put on the charade of being madly in love before they actually begin to truly fall in love with one another? Falling in love with your partner is the biggest mistake any agent can make. You are taught to take care and protect yourself from everyone and everything. They are both extremely guarded people who trust no one, and this assignment is unlike any assignment anyone has ever been on. They both know how wrong it is to get emotionally involved with one another and how it is not in their best interest for something like this to happen. But can you really fight fate?

Bella and Edward learn quickly that they both have demons and secrets in their pasts that are haunting them both. They are trying to deal with that along with this new relationship that they are trying to figure out. Edward is having nightmares and completely shuts down sometimes, and Bella brings it upon herself to help Edward get through these episodes no matter what the cost. She finds that she can’t deny him anything, including herself. While Edward sees the hurt in her eyes, and will stop at nothing to make the pain go away.

As this story progresses, Bella learns quickly that The Agency has no clue to how large this operation really is, how many outside forces Aro has on the payroll and how deep Edward and her are truly in it. She starts understanding quickly why Edward is trying to protect her.

“Well, anyway, Aro continued clearly loving the glory of what he was saying. “Our friends down at the bureau intercepted the leaked information before it could actually get anywhere. The girls didn’t even have the sense to try to cover their tracks- they just marched straight in there, all guns blazing. So, as you can imagine, it didn’t take long for Felix and Demetri to track them down… plug the leak”

Oh, did I forget to mention the lemons in this fic? Well, let’s take a look. Because I’m telling you, Undercoverward will not let you down.

Undercoverward definitely knows how to keep his lady satisfied.

Before long, my back hit cool plaster, and I grunted in pain before crying out as Edward pushed my dress up and slid his fingers between my thighs. He groaned softly, breaking our kiss to press his forehead against mine as he murmured, "You want this."

It was a statement, not a question.

"You really want this." He seemed almost stunned by this realization, but I knew 'this' was more than just a reference to sex.

"I want you," I told him, nodding. He exhaled a sharp breath, then reached down and fumbled to undo his slacks with trembling fingers. I covered his hands with mine and hurriedly did the job for him, pushing the fabric to the ground along with his boxers.

"How do you want me?" I asked him. I knew he enjoyed feeling like he was the one in charge every once in a while, and I was all too willing to give him that power. It was an incredible feeling, giving control over to somebody else and not having to worry about restraining myself for once.

"Mirror," he mumbled, kicking his slacks away as I turned so my back was to him and I was facing the mirror.

"Like this?" I deliberately pushed my ass out and arched my back, looking at him over my shoulder as he moved to stand behind me.

"Bella… You deserve slow and loving and gentle, and I want to give you that so badly, but I just… I can't." His tone was almost pleading as he leaned down and pressed his chest against my back, gently kissing my shoulder blade. "This won't be any of that, and if you want me to stop…"

"I don't want you to stop," I assured him, spreading my legs a little to brace myself better.


Okay… Are you still with me after that, or do you need a moment to change those shamwow panties?

And, ladies, that’s just the first half of that lemon. Sophie and Undercoverward never let us down.

So, ladies, please give Sophz456 all the love she truly deserves. She is writing a truly original fic that sucks you in deep from the moment you start reading it. That’s one of the reasons I like it so much. She does an amazing job telling this story, and her supporting characters are some of the best I’ve read. You never know who you will meet and what they will be up to. So, please, show Miss @Sophz456 all the love you can. You know I will be there the minute this story updates, just dying to see what new information she is willing to give us… and to read about my beloved Undercoverward and Bella on their mission.

2 comments:

  1. JMC said...:

    This fic deserves so much love. It's beautifully written, genius plot and the characters are amazingly crafted. I, for one, can't get enough of it!

  1. Nhess_V said...:

    I happened to come across this fic back then when it was recommended by a dear twitter friend. And since then, it has become one of my faves. IA that this one deserves the love it has now & in order to spread it further, I have recommended this at our Fan Fic thread over @ Kristen's board. Now, I am asked by ppl w/c am thrilled bc I get to share the awesomeness of this story to them. Um...fyi, this review has been forwarded to each. :)

Post a Comment