New Fic of the Week: 1/30/12

February 01, 2012

Red Kryptonite by SaritaDreaming
Review by maxandmo

Rating: M
Genre: Drama/Romance
Characters: Edward & Bella

Summary: Edward Masen: Bounty hunter. Isabella Swan-Hunter: Bail jumper. He's hired to bring her back for trial, but he's not prepared for what happens once he gets a taste of her. Death, lies, betrayal, toxicity, hope, desire. Who will survive? AU/Lemons

What sounds more intriguing than Edward as a bounty hunter? In my opinion, not much! Add a bounty hunter who is hired by Senator James Hunter to find his wife, who happens to be a Mrs. Isabella Marie Swan-Hunter, and who happens to be a vampire, and we have the start of a very interesting story.

Edward uses his vampire assets to easily find his subjects making him very good at his job. He reads their minds and his strong ethics make it so that he never takes a job looking for an innocent person.

My name is Edward Masen, and I'm a bounty hunter. A vampire bounty hunter able to read the minds of my quarry, which greatly assists me in ascertaining their guilt or innocence. I also have a hobby of drinking blood—both from those I hunt and those who hunt me; I tend to be quite popular with the ladies. 

He is estranged from his family because they don't agree with his quest for human blood. Edward only kills those, who, in his opinion, deserve death. Having said that, I've never read a fic where the act of feeding on a human was sexy, until now.

The members of my former 'family' don't approve of my habit of feeding off humans. 

They all subsist on animal blood—a practice that turns my stomach. It's unnatural to attempt to deny our vampire nature. On the other hand, I understand their desire not to kill innocents. Those I kill deserve death. The vile filth, the dregs of society, are deaths easily justified, but I find that women in the throes of sexual pleasure taste best, which is why I employ the art of seduction. 

Edward easily locates Isabella Swan-Hunter, but quickly realizes that there is more to the story than he knows. Her record is clean, and he learns she is suffering from a serious illness making him wonder how she ended up being wanted for Attempted Murder.

Red Kryptonite is only four chapters in, and without giving too much away, we are in for a really different vamp fic. Saritadreaming is doing a great job at writing an exciting and well written story with a definite twist. I can't wait to see where this goes!

1 comments:

  1. SaritaDreaming said...:

    Thank you so much for the awesome review! <3

    Sarita

Post a Comment